Thursday, August 1, 2013

Buckwheat Porridge for Baby


I introduced Buckwheat to Luke for the first time yesterday and he LOVED it!!

I would like to keep him off grains, and I recently learned that Buckwheat is a SEED!!!! Fantastic news!! I have actually been able to tolerate it too! I will post a recipe for pancakes that I used Buckwheat in!!

Prep: 2 min
Cook time: 10
Yields 3 Servings

Ingredients:
10oz Breastmilk
2T Organic Buckwheat Flour
1 Banana
Splash of Lemon Juice

Instructions:
Warm breastmilk in pan. Whisk in buckwheat flour and continue to whisk to prevent clumping. Cook on medium heat for 8-10min. Take off stove and cool in pan. Mash the banana with a splash of lemon juice to keep the banana from browning and add it to the porridge.  When completely cool, transfer to 3 baby food jars!

No comments:

Post a Comment